TRUE, we are not supposed to judge UNBELIEVERS because they have not yet surrendered their lives to Jesus, but we are called to judge the fruit of those that say they are Christian (Matthew 7:1-29), including OUR OWN FRUIT!
But, that doesn’t mean we’re to condemn them – that’s self-righteousness. Yet CONVICTION comes when the Holy Spirit draws us into truth, healing & cleansing us, and drawing us into deeper intimacy with our Daddy God and His living resurrected Son, Jesus.
FAMILIAR SPIRITS constantly war with our flesh. FOR ME it’s a
1) spirit of fear and anxiety – (trying to control the unknown),
2) a critical spirit – (forgetting to have GRACE, for myself & others, letting God do His work in me and them),
3) a spirit of distrust of others, or not trusting God – (because of the ABUSE that has been done to me over the years – sexually, mentally, verbally, and spiritually in the church), 4) a judgmental spirit – (quick to point out others’ sin, before looking at the sin in my own life that needs removal), 5) and a spirit of offense – (at those that don’t do or say what I want to see or hear.)
1) Busyness “for the sake of ministry,” though not necessarily what God wants me to involve my time with
2) Overindulgence in areas of food and entertainment
3) And codependent relationships – idolizing, concerned about, and devoted to my husband, grown children, and friendships, more than developing a deeper RELATIONSHIP with God, the ONE who made me, and knows me so intricately.